Wow, what a fun weekend full of hiking and camping with friends I had. This weekend I went to Falls Lake State Recreation Area. First thing first, we set up our tents at the campground. It was interest because some of the guys this was their first camping trip. It made the camping trip excellent to show wondrous of camping to new campers. For example, one guy did not know what a s’mores was.
Next we went hiking on part of the Mountain to Sea Trail (round trip 6 miles total). There was lots of colorful mushroom all through out the trail. Some was asking if I know what kind of mushroom was them. I had no idea, so it made me want to get a field guide-book on mushroom and learn more. The trail was a little muddling because it had been raining before we went on the hike. Afterward, it was nice having showers at the camp area and the water was warm.
Later we started a fire and prepared out dinner. Dinner was a family style where everyone brought something to share with everyone. It was relaxing and a time for us to talk around the camp fire. Some people was louder than others while we joke and laugh sharing each other stories. It was full of stories of possum beating with crowbar, horses fighting over man in a tent, and adventures of climbing and kayaking in the dark of night.
We turn in for the night and slept in our tents. It rain all night and thunder and light throughout the night. I still dry in my tent while I forgot to put my shoes in the tent with me. Everyone was pretty dry through out the night; however, one person forgot to shut their window to their tent so everything in their tent was wet.
In the morning, we clean up and took down our tents. I was not feeling to well, I did not go with them on the hiking that day but say my good-bye to everyone. It was a fun adventures that I would like to do with them again.
- VIDEO: Go Camping Like James Bond With This Crazy Tech Gear (techinamerica.com)
- Big Bear Trip! [6/28-6/30] (jackieexu.wordpress.com)
- CampingSurvival.com Announces Lowest Price Ever on Mountain House Emergency Food Supplies Until July 7, 2013 (prweb.com)
- Chic Glamping Gear (thechicoutdoors.org)
- Daily hiking at Eno River Cole Mill Trail (ncoutdooradventuresmia.wordpress.com)
- 4th of July Family Camping Trip (thechelsanatorlately.wordpress.com)
- Croatan National Forest Oyster Point Campground (ncoutdooradventuresmia.wordpress.com)
- Outdoor Expert Tom Stienstra Names California’s Top 10 Best Scenic Campgrounds (prweb.com)
- Quick Camping Trip (igoyougoblog.com)
- Lake Nacimiento Camping Trip (calpolybucketlist.wordpress.com)