After spend the whole morning hours at New Hope Lookout, I hiked on Ebenezer Church Trail inside Ebenezer Church Recreation Area at Jordan Lake State Park. The forecast for the day says that it would rain. As I walked toward the trail it look like rain was about to come down but as soon as I got on the trail. There was no rain in view. I was so blessed with sunshine and a nice cool fresh. The forest floor look so beautiful it was like I was in a fairy tale with green cover and sun rays coming down from the sky through the canopy.
I may come back to this location in June because their might be more frogs around the area due to all of the waterways. I like looking for frogs in the morning time because they move very slow because they are cold-blooded. They are easier to catch on camera, too. By the way, I am took all of these picture using my phone. I do not have the money to buy a digital high quality camera. I work with what I have and I make it work.
The way I picked what trail I am going to hike has to do with if the trail is near a water source. Wildlife are more active around water sources such as wetlands, ponds, or lakes. All living things need water. Most common animals that I see around ponds and lakes are turtles, snakes, dragonflies, frogs, ducks, and etc.
On that day, I saw a rat snake and a Copperhead snake. The rat snake was on the ground around the pond while the Copperhead snake was hiding in the pond near the surface. The Copperhead snake came pretty close to me. I was minded my own busy trying to take pictures of minnows when the Copperhead snake decide it wanted to be part of the photo shoot. I guess Copperhead want to be movies stars, too.
After that I finish hiking Ebenezer trail so I went to check out Seaforth trail. However, the trail was close. I really looked forward to the wetland boardwalk, I guess I have to try it another time. So I went to Parkers Creek Recreation Area and hanged out on the beach. I found a cool spot to put my feet in the water and enjoyed the beautiful day. I don’t know if there is a sign on my back that say I am good with kids because for some reason there is always this one kid that come up to me and want to tell me about something that they saw was cool. So that is how I ending my day at Jordan Lake. It was fun and I saw lots of cool things.
- Jordan Lake State Park (Part 1:New Hope Overlook) (ncoutdooradventuresmia.wordpress.com)
- Trekking Killarney’s La Cloche Silhouette Loop Trail (journiackery.com)
- Eno River State Park Cox Trail May 2013 (ncoutdooradventuresmia.wordpress.com)
- Majestic Trees of the Forest (sarahcolliver.wordpress.com)
- Snake Removal Greensboro NC Snake Control-Rattlesnake Copperhead Rat Snake Black Snake Removal 336-240-9317 (thewildlifeprofessionals.wordpress.com)
- Spring Day Hikes (journiackery.com)
- Copperhead- A Haiku (albertmoyerjr.wordpress.com)
- Hemmed In Hollow Part 1 (jonathanibrickman.wordpress.com)